Saturday 10 June 2017

STFM 4MB SIMM ADAPTER KIT SALE


These are one of my original upgrades to upgrade STFM's to 4MB via a 72pin simm.

This upgrade is on sale for £25 (from £35) as it is now discontinued. The replacement is the MMU style upgrade my 4MB MMU KIT. This one is more expensive, but is smaller and fits probably all ST/F/M machines. It made no sense to stock both upgrades anymore. 

The 4MB simm kit as shown also only fits  C070789 Style motherboards. Where there is normally 2 or 4 banks of DRAM under the PSU.  This is what I call the best revision board to have and most of my kits were designed to fit it. unfortunately, with so many motherboard revisions it's mostly other types people have :-\

So while this kit is very cheap and one of my classic upgrades, There is no use in stocking them anymore.  Of course, if anyone has the "good style" of the board as I call it, then this upgrade is a steal for anyone wanting a cheap 4MB RAM upgrade for their STFM!

WEBPAGE
 http://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/4mb/index.htm

STORE LINK
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/#0020





6 comments:

  1. Weird I was just looking at this the other day, then I was wondering where did I put my STFM :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably behind that sun server thing :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. You raise a good point :p
    I know there's some Amigas behind them, in various states...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just out of curiosity, I haven't seen it mentioned (maybe I just didn't look hard enough), but since 72 pin simms have a 32 bit data bus and the ST's bus is only 16 bit, does this board have buffers and logic to convert between the bus widths or does it only utilize half of the simm's capacity? (So for 4MB, one actually needs to use an 8MB simm)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't need to do anything fancy. Its a 4MB simm and it uses 4MB. You just solder it all up and away you go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've successfully installed this board on a C070859 motherboard. Some caveats, read my post here: http://atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=31807

    ReplyDelete